Dear Guests and National Hotel Team members,
As you are no doubt aware, in addition to the various travel restrictions that have been put in place in an effort to slow the spread of the COVID-19 virus, Florida Governor Ron DeSantis and Miami-Dade Mayor Carlos Gimenez further mandated the shutdowns of all hotels, restaurants, bars, fitness-centers, spas and pools where such gatherings could increase the risk of exposure.
For this reason, the National Hotel is temporarily suspending all hotel operations starting on Monday March 23rd through further notice.
The National Hotel wants to reassure you that the wellbeing and safety of our customers is always our top priority. At this time, we’re continuing to follow all guidelines and updates suggested by the CDC, and local departments of public health including:
- Adhering to sanitation and cleaning procedures, washing hands frequently and keeping hand sanitizer close by.
- Practicing social distancing, min. of 6 feet during all interactions especially for Housekeeping and Food & Beverage operations.
- Increasing the frequency of cleaning, especially high-touch areas including all rooms furniture and accessories, electronics like remote controls and switches.
- Handling products with care like luggages, towels, toiletry. Utilizing gloves and other methods to limit contact with hands.
- Encouraging our staff to stay home from work if they are not feeling well so they can recover without worry.
Please know that we are here to support you and are willing to work with you in whichever way you’re most comfortable!
Thank you for all your support on this extraordinary circumstances. Please let us know if you have any questions. We look forward to seeing you around at the National Hotel Miami Beach.
The National Hotel Management